John Mulaney | The Salt & Pepper Diner
THE BEST JOKE IN EXISTENCE
GOD I JUST TOLD SOMEONE ABOUT THIS STORY
This is one of the best pieces of comedy that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. I love this. I have been looking for this online for awhile.
I would just like to point out that the season 1 finale and the season 2 premiere took place the same night.
So sex with Cosima made Delphine’s hair grow. They had magic science sex and Delphine’s hair grew.
I am pretty damn livid about what the writers have done to Jaime Lannister on Game of Thrones. I’m all for changes when it comes to doing an adaptation, and I think the show has made some fantastic changes in the past. Sansa and Tyrion’s wedding night, for example, I preferred so much more in the show. I also love some of the extra scenes added for character development, like Catelyn talking about Jon Snow as a baby, Cersei and Robert’s conversation about their marriage and basically all of Margaery’s scenes. But this change was nothing short of a disgrace.
In one scene you’ve completely fucked up all of Jaime’s character development and gone against what his character is supposed to be in both the book and the show. I mean, are we (as the audience) supposed to be on his side during this scene? Is she getting her just-desserts for how horrible of a person she is? Are we supposed to be like “no it’s okay, she secretly wanted it”? Because that is so much worse, and I really feel like punching the writers, the producers and the director for making it happen and then defending it.
In the book, her consent was 100% clear. She said “yes” over and over and told him what to do. In the book and the show, Jaime abhors rape and he loves and respects Cersei, even though he knows she’s not always a good person.
This scene is the worst change they have ever made and I feel so hurt that a show that I love this much has gone and fucked up like this.
How the hell did Helena survive?
Oh wait, Canadian healthcare.
SO HAS EVERYONE SEEN THE MARVEL ONE-SHOT AGENT CARTER, BECAUSE IF YOU HAVEN’T, I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DO SO
This is the best shit I ever seen in my life
LIFE? CHANGED. Love for Agent Peggy Carter? HAS GONE EXPO-FUCKING-NENTIAL
THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.
Studio Ghibli + Food and Cooking
and i’d choose you.
don’t judge a person by their looks, judge them by their opinion on sansa stark
Jaime likes pie now.
WHOOPS looks like it’s Lady Olenna Tyrell who killed Joffrey, not Sansa like I was thinking earlier
So this is how it goes down:
- Sansa receives a necklace from Ser Dontos, the knight-turned-fool, in S4E1. She wears it to the wedding, presumably because it looks nice and receiving it is about the best thing that’s happened to her since she got out of marrying Joff
- Olenna approaches Sansa in one of the opening scenes in the wedding, talking to her about how sorry she was to hear about Robb Stark’s death, how she should come to Highgarden, etc. BUT while doing this she plays with Sansa’s hair, and while doing so pulls one of the blue gems from the necklace off and conceals it on her person. Sansa is very briefly surprised, but in true Sansa fashion weathers this event like the 23904209 other shitty/weird things she’s had to endure since her dad’s head got chopped off.
- Scene with Joff and Tyrion, the cup, the wine, etc etc.
- Margaery: “Look, the pie!!!!”
- Margaery takes Joff’s glass and sets it down not on her and Joff’s table, BUT RIGHT NEXT TO LADY OLENNA. They proceed to not show that part of the table at all in the next few shots of the pie, Joff eating it, Joff telling Tyrion not to leave, etc.
- Margaery gives Joff his cup back, which has just been poisoned by Olenna. There’s a very brief cut to Olenna when he takes it as well.
- He drinks
- He coughs
- He chokes
- HE DIES.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the anatomy of the death of one of the most hateable characters to grace the silver screen.
we all knew this post was coming